Elementary Japanese II|
|Required Sequence: JAPN103 & JAPN 104|
Continuation of JAPN103, an introduction to modern Japanese, both spoken and written. Class meets daily, five hours a week. Weekly TA sessions are mandatory.
||Gen Ed Area Dept:
|Course Format: Language||Grading Mode: Graded|
||Fulfills a Major Requirement for: (CEAS-MN)(CEAS)
||Past Enrollment Probability: Not Available
|SECTION 01 In-person only|
|Major Readings: Wesleyan RJ Julia Bookstore
(1) Banno, Ohno, Sakane, & Shinagawa, AN INTEGRATED COURSE IN ELEMENTARY JAPANESE, GENKI I (Second Edition)
(2) Banno, Ohno, Sakane, & Shinagawa, AN INTEGRATED COURSE IN ELEMENTARY JAPANESE, GENKI WORKBOOK I (Second Edition)
(3) Banno, Ohno, Sakane, & Shinagawa, AN INTEGRATED COURSE IN ELEMENTARY JAPANESE, GENKI II (Second Edition)
(4) Banno, Ohno, Sakane, & Shinagawa, AN INTEGRATED COURSE IN ELEMENTARY JAPANESE, GENKI WORKBOOK II (Second Edition) and
(5) Course packet (grammar, vocabulary and Kanji exercises)
|Examinations and Assignments: |
Homework assignments are given on a daily basis. Quizzes (vocabulary, Kanji, grammar and dialogue presentations) are frequently given. There are three unit tests and a creative skit during the semester. The final component includes a conversation test, essay and a cumulative examination.
|Additional Requirements and/or Comments: |
Attendance and active participation in EVERY class and weekly TA sessions are required.
Students who have not completed JAPN103 at Wesleyan are required to take a placement test.
|Instructor(s): Takahashi,Etsuko Times: .MTWRF. 09:00AM-09:50AM; Location: FISK314; |
|Total Enrollment Limit: 18||SR major: 2||JR major: 3|| || |
|Seats Available: 1||GRAD: 1||SR non-major: 2||JR non-major: 3||SO: 3||FR: 4|
|Drop/Add Enrollment Requests|
|Total Submitted Requests: 0||1st Ranked: 0||2nd Ranked: 0||3rd Ranked: 0||4th Ranked: 0||Unranked: 0|